Inspired by 3 day ́s working together from 2.-5. January, I wish to keep going my artistic research in communication with other ́s. Therefore I will initiate a whole week of Laboratory in summer 2020. And I would like to invite you to join me.
Since the lab-like concentration of the process is important to me, I have set a maximum number of 20 participants.
Based on experiences from previous artistic collaborations and discussions, I became aware of the starting point, which I am curious to set as a common framework for the laboratory in summer:
To bring oneself – with all one’s inner conditions, impulses, questions and needs – into an encounter with others for a fixed period of time in a special physical place, without announcing a common theme, agenda or method in advance. The paradoxical definition of Unpredictability.
To make it clear what you can and cannot expect from this meeting, I would like to emphasize what it is and what it is not about. I hope that this will clarify how this meeting might differ from previous similar meetings (such as the Artistic Collaboration) I have invited to in the past. And I hope it will complete and correct what I was less clear about in my communication and behaviour in the past, or what has changed in terms of my own expectations of the meeting. I know it will still be incomplete and this is how it is:
What it is not:
- Festival 2020 is not a kind of workshop or seminar that I will lead.
- It is also not intended to become a kind of joint project in which all do the same.
- Nor it is any kind of “special happening” or social experiment.
What it is:
- I will organize time and space for a maximum of 20 people.
- I will make a proposal on how we can use the physical place we have to share and the time structure (meals, time for work, etc.). We will agree on these questions at the beginning of the Festival 2020, at the first meeting at 5 p.m., and you are invited to bring in your ideas or needs about how we use time and space.
- I will collect money so that we have enough money to pay for food, rent for the Kulturbaracke and a payment for my organizational work.
- Each of us is free to bring in our own impulses and questions.
Arrival day: August 4 th , 2020 (before 5 p.m.)
Day of departure: August 12 th , 2020
Costs (incl. approx. 65€ for food, 40€ for rent, 25€ for organisational work): about 130,00€
Maximum number of participants: 20
If you are interested in this idea, have questions or want to participate, please contact me by 14 July 2020 at the latest.